AOSP-CAF is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.1.1 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
AOSP-CAF is based on the Android Open Source Project and Code Aurora Forum along with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. AOSP-CAF does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
All the source code for AOSP-CAF is available in the AOSP-CAF GitHub repo.
- RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
- Fingerprint (FPC1020 only)
- Video Playback
- Audio Playback
What’s Not Working:
- You tell me (Jokes)
- Download the latest build and gapps.
- Reboot to recovery.
- Flash the latest build and gapps.
Variant Compatibility :
- This build is compatible with Redmi 3/Prime.
- Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you’re doing.)
- If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.
Thank you very much for staying with me. Happy flashing.